Thursday, March 12, 2009

Free Information

Not just the random posts in this blog, but actual useful information - business information. More specifically business phone numbers. I might be late to discover this, but for anyone else who might have missed it, Google has a 411 service that's free to use and even to auto-connect.

The service is described at http://www.google.com/goog411/ and can be used by calling 1-800-GOOG-411 (1-800-466-4411). It might just be because I still have a restrictive cell phone plan, but free 411 is worth $1.50 a call to me if I'm out somewhere and need to call a business for directions.

For the Google world domination theorists, one final thought - it was interesting when I programmed the 411 number into my cell phone that T9 already knew "Google". Ah...I'll use it anyway, its free.

1 comment:

  1. If you have an SMS (text) plan, Google works with that, too. Just text the thing you're after to 46645 (GOOGL) and they'll reply with whatever you're after. Remember this will take AT LEAST two messages. Before the iPhone, we used it ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete