Sunday, March 8, 2009

Laying Down

This week I'm going to have my gall bladder removed (too much information?). Its an operation that has been becoming increasingly more necessary for me and so I'm hoping for a wide range of symptoms to go away after everything is healed. It is a common surgery, lasting only from 40 minutes to 2 hours, able to be done as outpatient if all goes well.

I'm not really excited about having four holes cut in my chest or the steps that follow, but I'm not really worried either. If I was going to worry, it would be about complications during anesthesia, contracting MRSA or a staph infection while in the hospital. The reality is that of course I have no reason to believe that any of that will happen. However, every time a person has surgery performed, there is a measure of some size in facing death. Without being overly dramatic, it does make you think.

This week I'm going to lay down and place (some of) the trust for my life in a team of medical professionals. Every day when I lay down I'm secure knowing that I've placed the trust for my life in Jesus Christ. This week or many years from now, I know my eternal destination is Heaven and that my salvation is secure. I know this not through anything I have done or accomplished, but because I accepted the free gift of salvation as offered to all by Jesus Christ when I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior.

There is a God. He is real. We can know Him. He has a plan for your life. Have you accepted Him as your Lord and Savior?

If you want to know more about the Christian faith or accepting Jesus yourself, please follow the links provided and/or contact me. When I am back on my feet or at least able to sit in front of a computer again, I'll return any comments privately. At this time I don't have any interest in hosting a moderated debate via this blog. But I'm always interested in sharing the hope that I have. Ask me.

Looking forward to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment